Wedang ronde is a warm, aromatic traditional drink from Central Java, Indonesia. It is an assimilated beverage from Chinese dishes called Tangyuan. It contains chewy chunks filled with peanuts. It is easy to make Wedang ronde since the ingredients are easy to get at the groceries nearby. If you want to try it, you can make Wedang ronde at home by following this recipe.
- 125 grams of white glutinous rice flour
- 1 tablespoon sago flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml warm water
- 50 grams of roasted peeled peanuts
- 160 ml of water
- 4 teaspoons Realsa ginger coconut sugar
- 1 pandan leaf
- 2 lemongrass
- 50 grams of roasted and mashed peanuts
- Red jellies and steamed arenga pinnata fruit (optional)
- First to make ronde (the chewy chunks), mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca, and salt with warm water slowly until it has a shapeable texture (not too liquid or too firm).
- After getting a good texture, divide the dough into small pieces.
- Shape the dough into a round and add peanut filling.
- Then place them in a pot of preheated water.
- Boil the chewy chunks until floated and then drain them.
- Next, to make ginger soup, boil 160 ml of water.
- Later, add the tied pandan leaves, 2 bruised lemongrass, and 4 teaspoons of Realsa ginger coconut sugar.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes or til the stew is pungent.
- Last, arrange ronde, jellies, arenga pinnata fruits, and roasted peanuts in a bowl, and add the ginger soup til all the condiments are dipped.
- Wedang ronde is ready to serve!
This combination of ginger and coconut sugar in the ginger soup will warm your body, especially if the weather is freezing. Since low temperatures make you feel hungry sooner, ronde will fulfill your starvation. Furthermore, our product combination of ginger and coconut sugar has numerous health advantages and a low glycemic index. So, in addition to warming the body and fulling, Wedang ronde with Realsa ginger coconut sugar is also healthy.