BATAGOR (Fried Dumplings with Coconut Sugar Peanut Sauce)
Batagor is a traditional food from Indonesia. It is a fried meatball, dumplings, tofu, and chopped cucumbers that is served with peanut sauce.
Even it is fried dumpling, it doesn’t mean that it is unhealthy. You can make your own version of Batagor, especially if you want to make it healthier by substituting the ordinary ingredients with gluten-free flour, olive oil and organic seasoning that are way healthier.
Here is it a simple Batagor recipe in a healthy way!
First, we have to prepare the ingredients for the dumplings and sauce. Then, we make the dumplings with healthy ingredients. The peanut sauce will be healthier if you use organic peanut, organic coconut sugar, and organic spices.
100 gr Tapioca Flour
40 gr Gluten free Flour
±150 ml of hot water
1/2 tsp Broth Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
- Mix all ingredients except hot water.
- Add the hot water step by step while stirring.
- Put the dough into the dumpling skin. Wrap it.
- Fry the dough until it is cooked.
The Peanut Sauce
150 gr Fried Peanuts
3 grains of garlic
4 red onions
3 pcs red chili
30 gr Realsa Coconut Sugar
2 pcs of lime leaves
2 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce
300 ml Water
- Fry the garlic, scallions, and red chilies until slightly wilted.
- Ground the peanuts with garlic.
- Fry the peanuts and the seasoning. Don’t use too much oil because the nuts can release oil.
- Put some lime leaves.
- Pour the water step by step.
- Add soy sauce & coconut sugar.
- Wait until it thickens slightly.
How to serve:
- Arrange the dumpling on a plate. You can leave the dumpling whole, or cut them in half too, it’s up to you.
- Topped with the peanut sauce, a drizzle of sweet soy sauce, and squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Your healthy Batagor is ready to be served. Enjoy your meal 😀 <3
2 thoughts on “Healthy Recipe: Indonesian Batagor”
Love this recipe ? it’s soo easy to recook and yummy ?
Thank you very much, dear. Enjoy your meal <3