Mochi Bites have become a popular choice for those seeking a healthy and delicious snack option. These bite-sized treats offer a delightful combination of simplicity and indulgence while providing several health benefits.
Mochi, a traditional Japanese dessert, is known for its soft and chewy texture. Made primarily from glutinous rice flour, original mochi bites are a gluten-free snack that can be enjoyed by individuals with dietary restrictions. The minimal ingredients used in this recipe make it an ideal choice for those looking for a wholesome and straightforward snacking option.
Creating original mochi bites is a straightforward and enjoyable process. Here’s a simple recipe to get you started:
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- Cornstarch for dusting (can use organic coconut sugar powder)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the glutinous rice flour and organic coconut sugar.
- Gradually add water to the flour mixture while stirring continuously until a smooth and sticky dough forms.
- Steam the dough for approximately 20 minutes until it becomes translucent and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the steamer and let it cool slightly.
- Dust a clean surface with cornstarch / organic coconut sugar and transfer the dough into it.
- Divide the dough into small portions and shape them into bite-sized balls or squares.
- Enjoy with a dip in cheese sauce or store in an airtight container for later consumption.
Original mochi bites offer a simple yet satisfying snacking experience. Their soft and chewy texture provides a delightful treat for any occasion. Whether enjoyed as a standalone snack or paired with tea, mochi bites are sure to please your taste buds without compromising your commitment to a healthier lifestyle.
Why not try making a batch of homemade original mochi bites? Indulge in the simplicity and deliciousness of these delightful treats while reaping the benefits of their wholesome ingredients.